- Schedule your shoot!!!
- Set up a meeting with LaLa and the Glam Squad so everybody is on the same page.
- Have a vision for your shoot. Start pinning your inspiration on a Pinterest board.
- Think about locations, locations, locations!
- Go on a shopping spree for your looks – think solids, prints, and patterns! Avoid graphic tees; we want the focus on you not the text on your t-shirt! Look for layers – easy to add and subtract pieces. And be careful with tanks; they make the arms look a little larger on camera.
A Few Weeks Before the Shoot
- Schedule your nail appointment.
- Get in the mirror! Start practicing some of your favorite poses/facial expressions! You might even have your little brother or sister take some practice shots so you know exactly what “that face” says to the world!
- Start mixing and matching. Think about your looks from head to toe. Consider your hair styles, your makeup, your accessories, and your props with each look.
- Invite some friends over to check out your looks! I’m sure they’d love to give their two cents!
The Day Before the Shoot
- Confirm the shoot with your Photographer and Glam Squad!
- Head over to the nail salon for a fresh mani and pedi!
- Make sure you have all of your looks together (tops, bottoms, hats, glasses, jewelry, hair accessories, scarves, shoes, props). Make a list and check it twice. ☺
- Make a playlist that will have you ready to shoot! You’ll be amazed how music can impact the shoot!
- Get a good night’s rest!
The Day of the Shoot
- Fresh shave, guys!
- Arrive early!
- Have a blast!